Even though our newsletters are made to be as simple for you as possible, they are also made to reflect your personality as much as possible. Because this is our goal, we offer you a number of ways to personalize your newsletter. We find, however, that many subscribers get in a routine and forget that some of these other features are available. So, just as a reminder, did you know that you can:
- Include your own article – With the exception of Financial Notes, you can include your own article in your newsletter. This feature makes the newsletter truly yours. For ideas on how to effectively use this section, see the article “Personalize Your Financial Newsletter.”
- Select one of the “Ideas for Your Article” in place of your own article – For those times when you just don’t have time to write your own article, consider using one of our “Ideas for Your Article.” Every quarter, we send you a new issue with 16 new articles. For more information on this feature, see the article “Personalized Articles as easy as 0407-791.” All of the articles are listed by topic in the Ideas for Your Article section of our website.
- Add personalized information to your masthead – In addition to including your name, address, phone numbers, and logo, consider adding other information on the front of your newsletter. See the article “Making the Most of Your Masthead” for some suggestions.
- Include a picture – You can include a photo on your masthead or in your News and Announcements section at no additional charge. Check out our article “How to Have a Quality Photo.”
- Date the newsletter differently– Our monthly newsletters are dated with the month and year (even if you receive the newsletter quarterly), while our quarterly newsletters are dated with the season and year. However, you can use whatever dating you desire, such as “First Quarter” or “Volume 4.”
- Use a different issue – Since our client base is so diverse, we realize that not every issue will pertain to every client’s practice. Because of that, we allow you to substitute a back issue in place of the current issue, updating the date on the front and the market data. On the months you aren’t scheduled to receive a newsletter, you will receive a sample copy for that month. You will also receive an advance copy of the issue you are scheduled to receive about two weeks before we need your article and information. If, for any reason, you prefer to use a different issue, just let us know and we will substitute that issue for you. See the article “Using Back Issues” for more information.
- Choose an article from a past issue to use for your article – If you find an article from a past issue that you like, you are welcome to use it in the section for your article.
- Expand the area for your article – We have set up the back page of several of our newsletters (Bulletin, Financial Briefs, Financial Outlook, and Retirement Insights) in a modular fashion to give you maximum flexibility regarding the length of your article. Although there is a normal space allotted for your article, you can use up to the entire back page (in most cases). For example, with Financial Briefs, the normal News and Announcements section fits about 300 words. If you drop the comic, you can include about 450 words, and if you use the whole back page you can submit about 800 words.
- Set up the newsletter as a self-mailer – Although our newsletters are normally designed to be placed inside an envelope, we can set up the back page with your return address and space for a label and postage.
- Change the name of the newsletter – You can change the name of your newsletter to one of your choosing. In some cases, there may be an additional printing charge for this change.
- Sign your article – Many of our subscribers like the personal touch provided by including their signature at the end of their article. If you would like to do this, just sign your name three times on a plain white sheet of paper with a black felt tip or roller ball pen and mail it to us (please don’t fax – it will not reproduce well). Another option is to include your name typed in a script font at the end of the article.
- Have us take care of compliance concerns – We can handle compliance review of your newsletter. See the article “Our Compliance Review Services” for more information.
If you would like to discuss any of these options in more detail, please feel free to call one of our customer service reps at 1-800-338-4329.