Usually client newsletters are sent out to active clients and warm prospects, but there are many more ways to use newsletters effectively. Here are some different ways to extend your newsletter distribution that may be new to you:
- Obtain member mailing lists of organizations that you are currently involved in or were at some point in time. Send your newsletter to all the members explaining that you are also a member, or describing what role you played in the organization.
- Mail out your newsletter to the chamber of commerce director and local government officials, and ask your local library to display your newsletter.
- Give your personalized newsletter to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys, or offer to provide copies for their lobbies. Other professionals can be great sources of referrals.
- Make sure that everyone in your office reads your newsletter before it goes out to clients. This will help ensure that no one will be caught off guard if a client calls regarding an item in the newsletter or has questions about a featured article.
- Be on the lookout for new places to display your newsletter. Always have some extra copies on hand in the reception area in your office for people to read while they wait. Ask local coffee shops and bookstores if they will add your personalized newsletter to their reading materials. See if you can display your newsletter at the local community center or a senior drop-in center.
- Use your newsletter as a seminar handout. Newsletters are great support pieces for your own seminars or someone else’s that pertain to your business. If you include your newsletter in another seminar it will help to benefit business for both of you.
- Include your newsletter, along with other promotional materials, as part of a welcome kit for new clients.
- Actively use your personalized section by sharing life stories, having contests, or announcing client birthdays and anniversaries. People love seeing their names in print. Creating something that draws readers in will make them read your section first and look forward to receiving your newsletter. One newsletter subscriber has been using his personal section to chronicle his wife’s pregnancy, the birth of his first child, and his experiences with beginning to raise a family. We here at Integrated Concepts love reading his articles because, through them, we have come to know his family and his dog, and relate to what he’s going through. We look forward to a new article each month.
Hopefully, we have inspired you with a few new ideas on how to use newsletters effectively. Newsletters are a wonderful marketing tool and we want to help you use them to their full potential.